Sunday, December 23, 2007

Our Nativity Kit

I have always wanted to have a Nativity Scene - a 'creche' - but have never purchased one. This year in a craft store - I found this really cute alternative - a do-it-yourself Pre-Baked Gingerbread Nativity Kit! What a great opportunity! Max and I can do some cookie decorating - AND we will get to have a little Nativity Scene in our home... Life just doesn't get better! UNTIL YOU GET OUT THE FROSTING!!!






We went over to my friend Cheri's house - where we employed the help of her boyfriend and adult-aged-children. Let's just say I am VERY glad we did this activity at her house! Here are some pictures... Notice the subtle difference between how the people are supposed to look, and how they actually ended up looking! I didn't even bother trying to make them all stand up...


You can definitely tell which figures were done by adults! A good time was had by all - Max had a GREAT time doing this - and I know the adults had a good time because we were laughing the whole evening! Next year - I am going for non-edible!
By the way - this last cookie - it is the Virgin Mary. Bet you never knew she was so well dressed! :)

No comments:

Followers