Well, lucky for us, Max's favorite babysitter Jen happens to LOVE rodents - and Max and I decided that she would make the perfect mouse Mom. 
Tonight - I went over to get the cage prepared for the 'switch off' when I noticed that the cage was RODENT-LESS!!! As in - Gordon had gotten out!!!! In the corner of my eye - I saw some movement, and it was Gordon. I picked up the phone and called Jen (the babybsitter) so she could help me catch the mouse AND then take it away with her. Fortunately - I was able to catch Gordon before she got here. But then - as we tried to move Gordon back into his cage- the little mouse escaped again. This
time Jen snaggled him (after we had to move a ton of stuff off my already messy desk!).
Max said his goodbyes (he was ready for Gordon to be gone at this point) and Gordon left for his new home. Goodbye Gordon! (YEAH!!!!)
2 comments:
This reminds me of when I had a gerbil and when he got out you said to either catch him or you would set out a bunch of mouse traps! I guess this is a sign that you still aren't a big fan of the small furry little guys...
I'd forgotten about that nasty little gerbil! Barbara Cegavske talked me into that adventure -- gladly gave me the deluxe house complete with wheel as soon as she knew we were thinking about adopting! Uh, yeah . . . what a GREAT idea!! ....Mom
Post a Comment