D. It sets the tone of the past week. Sometimes I feel like life gangs up on you sometimes, and this week - it seems to have hit me and those around me with fury.But as I sit here and type this, it is hard to think of all of the little things that seemed so insurmountable earlier in this week. I do remember some of the fun things Max and I did - we went to a really cool Burger King that has a HUGE play area. We visited our 'adopted' grandparents. We had dinner at Boston Market (Max's favorite place in the whole world to eat!). We visited some train tracks close to our house. We hung out with our friend Gia. We hung out with our friends in Reston.
We did have some frustrating days and nights though. Max's asthma has been persistant. He had to go on oral steriods, and we have been doing breathing treatments. Max is still not interested in potty training at all - in fact, he is almost defiant about it. Anytime I even
mention the potty he starts
screaming.I have had a rough week too. Lots of deadlines at work. Lots of bills (Pepco double charged me AGAIN). My dry-cleaning got lost. Another filling fell out. Lots of expensive medicines to pay for...
The worst thing this week though was learning that one of my dear friends lost her baby yesterday at 35 weeks into her pregnancy. Maybe the immensity of her loss has helped me realize that the small things in my life are not t
oo bad. I have Max - and he is the best thing in my life.Somehow, on this very rainy Friday, things seem to be a bit sunnier for me. Maybe I have realized that the things in my life will somehow work out.
I'm looking forward to a nice weekend. I have some fun plans - and I hope I can sleep in a little. One day at a time...
Only the shallow know themselves. - Oscar Wilde
1 comment:
I'm always reminded of Annie's song..."The Sun will come out, Tomorrow!"
Life can get crazy, but that's why God gave us memories of Spring Flowers for the winters in our lives.
Hang in there! Love ya.
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to tell you how much I love your pictures. No need to buy us anything this holiday season, just send us out some pictures. I'm serious!
Post a Comment