Saturday, September 22, 2007

Adventures with Thomas the Train

We had such a great weekend! Friday night after school, Max and I headed up North to Lancaster, PA. The drive up there was amazing! We drove through farms and rolling hills. Every few minutes, Max would say "Mom - this is booootiful! It is amazing!" He was right! The fields of corn, the picturesque farms, the final last days of green trees before the leaves begin to change... It was amazing!

Saturday morning we woke up in our hotel, got ready, and were met by our friends John and his daughter Avery. We all headed down together to Strasburg where we rode trains, ate food, rode some more trains, and had a blast! Thomas the Train was visiting - and in case you weren't sure - he is pretty dang popular! Strasburg was PACKED with kids and their parents!


At the end of the day, Max said the favorite parts of his day were riding the trains. Well - since he rode several trains ALL DAY LONG (2 big trains, several little trains) I guess he meant he just had a great day. Max and Avery got along so well - they had fun pointing out cows in the pasture, fields of corn, and all of the trains. My favorite part of the day was, well - actually - I don't think I had a favorite part of the day - the whole day was pretty great. I will be very happy to climb into my bed in just a minute though!


What a great day!

1 comment:

Jake said...

When I was looking at the pictures you uploaded to Picasa, it reminded me a lot of the farm land in minnesota, I might have to move out and live near you Becky because I do miss those beautiful views. Also looking at those pictures makes me miss you and Max so much! He is a very handsome guy! Keep up the good work and I hope you are having fun.

Followers