Friday, September 02, 2005

I can't believe it's already September




So, we are back from our big Las Vegas/San Clemente vacation. We had a great time. Max got to see his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Mom and dad didn't have to go to work for a few days, and we all got to hang out at the beach.

It was fun to watch Max react to the ocean. He would get brave and want to touch the water, but then would squirm and want 'up up' when the wave would get close. He really enjoyed playing in the sand until his cousin Addison scared him. I think he was tired, and had reached his limit. He fell asleep on grandpa's chest and mom went out to boogy board for a few minutes.

We got back from our trip, and it was already time for me to start school, Max to go back to day care, and dad always has a stream of cars to work on. If it wasn't for my fading sunburn, I would never believe that just a few days ago I was laying on the beach.

Last night Max gave us a scare. I was trying to let him 'cry it out' when I heard a thud. Max had climbed out of his crib. I know he really hates that thing. If only he knew how much it cost... So anyway, for now he sleeps in our bed, but we are going to get him his own bed and try to transition him back to his own room - because I need to get some sleep!

I'm excited that its a 3-day weekend. I'm planning on not doing too much. Well, there is always the reading assignments, the laundry and dishes, grocery shopping and meal planning, but other than that - I am going to just take it easy!


Max and his cousin Addison had a great time playing together. Of course, Addison is bigger and faster than him - but Max tried to keep up. They had a great time jumping all over eachother, climbing over pillows and fighting over toys.

I can't believe how fast Addison has grown up. She seems like such a little adult compared to Max. For her birthday, I gave her several colors of nail polish - and she loved it. She let me paint her fingernails green!

Followers