Thursday, February 05, 2009

Doggies and Dentists



It has been a few days since I posted - we've had a lot going on. Here are two highlights worth sharing...




When Max's grandma was visiting, she took him to see Dog Hotel - and now McDonald's is also giving away little stuffed versions of the doggies from the movie in Happy Meals. Max has taken a huge liking to these dogs, and we have started a collection. This means going to McDonalds WAY too often (but that is OK - given my hectic schedule...). Now that we have about 10 of these dogs (a few duplicates) - we have to have somewhere for them to sleep! So we have started building a Dog House of our own. Max has insisted that each dog has it's own bed, blanket and pillow. Every night he plays with them, and then puts them all back to bed.
Our second event over the past few days was Max's visit to the dentist. It was his first visit ever to the dentist (I just had him added to my insurance this January). He had been complaining that his teeth hurt - so I was a little concerned. Well - the dentist confirmed those fears...
First - I have to say - he was SO GOOD at the dentist. He was scared - but he did everything they said. He didn't like getting his teeth cleaned - but he let them finish. The X-ray machine really scared him - but he stood SO still.
Bad news: He has major cavities. Like - they think that he will have to get some caps, and lots of fillings. They don't want to just ignore them since he is already complaining about his teeth hurting. So - in a few weeks we have an appointment with a specialist. I will keep you updated!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Poor kiddo. I'm getting a cap tomorrow (or at least starting the process). I'm not excited.

Heather said...

Seems like cavities are inevitable, no matter how much your brush. Especially since kids love to let you help them brush.=)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to find out Max wants to marry Grandma because his Mom is too OLD for him!

Priceless!!

Old Grandma

Followers