Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year...






Well, let's see - what to report on this new year... First - I have some cute pictures from Christmas that I never posted - so I'm putting them up first. It's Max - I just can't resist! These pictures were from the night we made Christmas cookies. He had been wanting to do it forEVER and finally I got around the energy to do it. MOM - shout out to you - I never appreciated how much work it is to actually make those things... And I used store-bought dough! Max had a great time though - so it was all worth it!

The other big news is that I got my hair cut. It is short. Shorter than I have had it in years, years, years. I was very scared to do it - almost backed out - but didn't. Truth be told - I am starting to like it. Here are some pictures of what it looks like short...

Max and I both had a good New Year. He spent the weekend with his dad, and I got to go out with friends. Even though he was sad to leave his dad at the end of the weekend, we had a nice bonding time once he got home. Transitions are always hard...
Well, I better not type too much more.
The other exciting news of my life... Nothing works. Yeah - it is all breaking down... I think I already posted that my microwave broke. I am learning to do without it. (Another shout out to mom - how did we live pre-microwave? How do you heat up left-overs?). NOW my brand new dryer is broken. So I am back to drying clothes on a rack. So much fun... At least I have a door! (Oh - I didn't get around to painting it within 3 days of having it installed - and was subsequently fined another $120 from the HOA...). YEAH!!!
I have lots of 2009 resolutions - but they won't get done if I sit around on my computer all night! I need to get crackin'! Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

Barb Elder said...

We miss you so much. Your hair looks great! Wishing you a happy new year!

Amy said...

Love the hair. I also really like the sweater you have on in the Texaco picture. Hope you are doing well. Max is getting so BIG!

Jill said...

Cute haircut! I can't wait to see it in real life. Sorry about ending the IM session tonight. It was actually my first time communicating like that and I'm not so good at it. Once I accidently exited out I didn't know how to get back.

Carrie Johanson said...

Cute hair! I hope you have a great New Year!

Followers