Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sad news... No 10K for me...

Well, I was so excited to run my 10K in a week and a half. But if you have been following my blog - you probably know that I have hurt my back. Well, the pain kept getting worse - and I kept continuing to move heavy things - (until Scott intervened and told me no more moving heavy things - and actually came over and really helped out - THANK YOU!). But by then, I had already done the damage. So - I finally went to the doctor today. Good news: no serious damage... Bad news: no 10K anytime soon. I can do walking for now - but need to hold off on running till I build up lower back strength...

Other than that - me and Max have been having fun, keeping busy. I got my hair cut. I finished painting most of my downstairs area. I bought shelves for my office upstairs... But I also have a very long list of repairs that must be done ASAP...
  • Front door must be replaced (HOA requirements) (est $500 - $800)
  • Major plumbing problem in bathroom upstairs (est $1000)
  • My hot-water heater only supplies enough hot water for a 3 minute shower...
  • I need to replace the bulb in this weird light at the top of my stairwell that nobody can reach...
  • Only half the eletrical outlets in my office work right now
  • and there are a dozen other random issues.

But overall - I LOVE my house. Really - I do. I love coming home - I love sitting in my living room, Max loves helping me cook in the kitchen - I just LOVE my house! It makes the commute worth it! It makes the hassle of moving worth it!

OK- enough rambling for tonight. I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

You poor thing. So glad that Scott came over and helped. And FYI did you know that even though you don't have a camera that we can still skype? It is just more of an IM session. Think about it...

Followers