Max and I had a rough day today. We had a rough night last night, a rough morning this morning. I suspect part of all this 'roughness' circulates around this horrible rash that Max has. He has had this rash before - it comes and goes, and then comes back. We have had midnight visits to Urgent Care, we have tried every cream, perscription and not, we have done this, not done that, tried it all. Now that he is mainly out of diapers, I was hoping it would be gone for good - but now - it has come back - and worse than I have ever seen it. It was so bad that I actually convinced Kaiser to let me make an appointment with a specialist TODAY (so glad I did). So - I had to leave work super early in order to pick him up, then trek
all the way out to Loudoun, VA. VERY far away. In fact, I made a map of our trek. It took close to 1 hour 45 minutes from the time I left my office to when we arrived at the doctor. You will notice at some point I got lost. The exit signs are very misleading, and the Google Map had me all mixed up.
ANYWAY - as we were driving there, Max kept saying he didn't want to go to the doctor because he didn't want a shot. I told him that this doctor would NOT give him a shot (when is the last time a dermatologist gave YOU a shot?!?!). He asked "So they will just use those things and listen to my heart, and look in my ears?" I said - yes - this doctor does not do shots... Well, was I not the big fat LIAR... Turns out not only does she do SHOTS - she does BIOSPIES... After I went through Max's long medical history - we pulled down his pants, and I have to say -
even I was appalled. It was much worse than even before. She decided we needed to do a biopsy on him, and sooner was better (sooner as in 90 seconds)... So - there I was, literally holding him down, while she gave him a shot to anesthisize his leg, and she and her assistant took a small chunk out of his leg. I have to say, even mom was in tears on this one. It looked like it hurt. The rash looks like it hurts. I remember my pregnancy days - rashes are horrible. Awful. Painful. And, the word 'biopsy' carries such negative connotations. It will take at least a week to find out the results - but until then there isn't really anything I can do to make Max feel better. I really hope everything is OK - and that there is a simle explanation to it...
even I was appalled. It was much worse than even before. She decided we needed to do a biopsy on him, and sooner was better (sooner as in 90 seconds)... So - there I was, literally holding him down, while she gave him a shot to anesthisize his leg, and she and her assistant took a small chunk out of his leg. I have to say, even mom was in tears on this one. It looked like it hurt. The rash looks like it hurts. I remember my pregnancy days - rashes are horrible. Awful. Painful. And, the word 'biopsy' carries such negative connotations. It will take at least a week to find out the results - but until then there isn't really anything I can do to make Max feel better. I really hope everything is OK - and that there is a simle explanation to it... This picture does not do justice to his rash - but it does give you a feeling for the pain he is going through. I'm so sorry little boy! I hope it gets better soon!
I'm having house issues. The hot water heater is still not fully fixed - so Max cannot even take a warm bath. Tonight I was running up and down the stairs with half-boiled water to add to the tub so he would stay in a little longer and soak up the Aveeno I put in there. I have learned to take a shower in less than 5 minutes. My hair never feels completely rinsed, but that is better than nothing! Oh, and I finally had my appointment at Lowes tonight to pick out my front door - the whole thing is going to cost me $1500!!!! JUST TO GET AN UGLY FRONG DOOR INSTALLED!!!! I swear, I just about had a heart attack. In fact, I may tonight as I lay in bed realizing how much money I just paid for a crappy front door! So - yeah...
I had to then run home, make millions of little cupcakes for Max's class's Halloween party tomorrow. The two of us had a lot of fun making and decorating those - so at least our night ended on a positive note.
I hope that tomorrow is a good, fun, happy Halloween! So far, it has been very scary!
5 comments:
Oh, poor Max! OH, Poor You! I am so glad that you went to the specialist and I hope that the results come back sooner than a week. Let us know if you need anything, ANYTHING, like to borrow a bathtub that has hot water coming directly from the faucet. (plumbing and electrical issues are the worst)
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Poor Max! I feel so bad for him that looks icky! I hope they figure out what is wrong with him quick! Good thing you got in to see the specialist!
Good luck with the front door - maybe you could instead get beads. You know the hippie setup!
awww ... i am so sorry to hear about max's troubles. how awful to have to have a biopsy! i hope everything turns out fine and they're able to help him. i can really feel your pain about the money you're spending on your house too. peter and i went through that with our old house ... it was just one thing after another. luckily the only thing major we've HAD to do with this house is the roof, which we knew about when we bought it.
Thanks for thinking about us. It's hard but you get through it anyway you can. You'll remember the bad experience long after Max has forgotten it. He's be so happy when the rash is gone that it will all be worth it.
I am really glad that you finally got to a specialist about his rash. It has been long enough! And I hope that the biopsy yields some results! LEt us know!
Post a Comment