Well, with the start of school, traffic has definitely gotten a little worse - but not horrible. I really can't complain too much. I does mean slightly longer days at school for Max - but he doesn't seem to mind. Today I got to meet his Phonics and Spanish teacher. So here is where I get to brag about my little boy (I am so proud of him!). She did his phonics assessment - and was extremely impressed with his level of proficiency. She hasn't done his Spanish assessment yet - but as we talked about it - she told me that the assessment covers a lot of the basics - basics that Max doesn't know. He doesn't know all of the '¿Comó te llamas?' (What is your name?) and '¿Cuantos años tienes?' (How old are you?) phrases. He knows more random vocabulary - things like - 'hurry up', 'get over here', 'don't do that', 'Upstairs', etc. Sorta funny - you can tell the kind of Spanish he gets... So tonight we went over the basics and he picked it up pretty fast. He's a cutie - and pretty smart!
But the funniest part of the day was this: Today at school they got to make paintings of their favorite things. So, guess who Max painted. Patrick and Sponge Bob. Too, too funny! Right now it is hanging up in the hall at school, but I'll try to take a picture tomorrow so I can post it. (Normally his paintings and drawings are of cars and soccer balls.)
The bad news - he threw a block at his favorite friend yesterday. Sigh...
The bad news of the day: Max keeps asking when he gets to go play on his soccer team. His first game is Saturday - and the weather isn't looking like it will be 'soccer-playing-weather.' Sigh... He will be very disappointed...
I better get the trash out!
(ps - congratulations on your baby girl Jill and Andrew! I am SO happy for you!)
1 comment:
Love your blog! thanks for sharing! It is also great to see your artwork. You are so creative! Have a great week at work and adventuring with Max.
Post a Comment